DZL Academy Fellows can receive up to 3000 € for scientific exchange or training at another DZL site. Visits to non-DZL labs or participation in workshops within Europe are also supported if certain criteria are met.
The mobility grant program aims to:
- strengthen the research capacity at DZL sites by facilitating training and skills transfer
- establish and/or enhance long-term research collaborations
- provide essential training for the career development of DZL Academy Fellows
What actions are supported?
- visits to DZL research groups for training in specific techniques or for scientific exchange
- visits to non-DZL labs for training purposes if the training cannot be provided by a DZL lab
- participation in workshops on topics pertinent to DZL projects, e.g. summer or winter schools within Europe (participation in overseas workshops will only be considered in exceptional cases)
What is the Program’s value and tenure?
DZL Mobility Grants provide funding towards travel and subsistence expenses for short visits. Applicants may request up to 3.000 €. The mobility grant scheme is open to applications all year round.
What is the application process?
Application documents must be submitted via e-mail to the DZL Academy Mobility Grant coordinator Jörn Bullwinkel (email@example.com).
Applications are reviewed by the DZL Academy Board. Confirmation/rejection is provided within 4 weeks after application.
To apply for a DZL Mobility Grant, four documents are required:
- A brief outline of the type and purpose of training requested in the context of the overall project, including estimated costs for travel and subsistence. Also, please specify how the training will foster collaboration between DZL sites.
- Your CV
- A letter from your DZL PI in support of the training/scientific exchange visit
- A letter from the host site in support of the training/scientific exchange visit